Monday, June 5, 2017

I swear I'm still alive!

It's true!
This thing still works, I'm still toting around my Red Pen, and I am still kicking around on this big 'ole ball of green and blue. But man...life, right? It kind of sneaks up on you. I had so many fantastic intentions to be a weekly blog post writer - I was so gonna WOW you guys! - and then BAM.
It's been 2 years with nary a peep.
So sorry, gentle readers.
I'm not going to bore you with a dissertation on what I've been doing the past two years. Nope. Instead, I'm just going to fast forward to this week. Live in the moment and all that jazz. Hopefully we won't all get whiplash.
Yesterday I participated in my first ever podcast interview. It was fun, caused me no small amount of anxiety, and I tripped over my "Ums" and "Ahs" like the novice I was. Oh, and I stuck my foot in my mouth, and then didn't say things I wish I had. *sigh* It was my first time. I was a podcast virgin.
But no more!
I did it. I survived. And I think I could do it again. For some reason I thought it would be easier to talk to people through a microphone since I wouldn't have to actually see anyone, but just the thought of not having a rewind button had me stuttering and tripping over my words like a horse wearing roller skates. How's THAT for a visual?
I think it's why I prefer the written word. You can type, delete, re-type, delete, add a space...and then you don't press 'Send' until it's perfect. You have time to gather your thoughts, choose the right words, maybe not have such a twangy Southern accent...
Seriously - do I really sound that Southern? You could practically hear the sweet tea coursing through my veins!
Oh, well. That's me - warts and all.
Guys, I hope you have a fantastic week. And if it's another 2 years before I talk to you again, I want you to remember one thing.
You are a bad ass. You can do anything you put your mind to. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment